Okay, I admit, my last post had no point at all!
I figured I’d give you a teaser before I dished out some real meat.
So here it is, some hot tips (as applicable to affiliate marketing) that I picked up at the Underground :
TIP #1 : EBEN PAGAN’S TIP ON TIME MANAGEMENT
This is a tip that I implemented right away.
I’ll give you the abridged version, since there’s lots of other tips I want to talk about.
The biggest thing that KILLS your productivity is multitasking & distractions, the key is to FOCUS on ONE activity at a time, in particular a productive active that will grow your business and increase your revenues and profits.
Here what you need to do first thing in the morning :
- Turn off your phone, email, crackberry, pager, fax, beeper, instant messenger, bluetooth headset and any other potential distractions. I know for a lot of you this will be near impossible. Just do it.
- Get a stop clock. Set it for 50 minutes. Work continuously on your MOST important money making activity for the next 50 minutes.
- After 50 minutes take a 10 minute break. Stand up, walk around, stretch your arms, get a drink of water, and just chill.
- Set the stop clock at 50 minutes again & continue working on your most important money making activity.
- After your second set of 50 minutes are up take a 30 minute break where you eat something, take a walk, or even a nap. Basically you want to try to completely relax as much as possible.
- During this process you’re NOT allowed to drink coffee, soda, energy drinks, or any other stimulants.
Just start by doing that everyday until it becomes a habit, and notice your productivity, focus, and mental energy SKYROCKET.
I’ve been doing this – well, partially anyway – I’ve faltered quit a bit but I’m STILL seeing a significant increase in my productivity.
In fact, I have my stop clock going right now, I’m at 12 minutes (started at 30 minutes though)!
Multitasking is an addiction, so it will take sometime to get into this new routine. Just stay persistent.
TIP #2 : GOING THROUGH THE NUMBERS
Here’s a tip right from Yanik Silver himself. Yanik btw is a very cool, down to earth guy.
He was talking about how to quickly test a market & a product before making a huge invest of time & money into something that may be a dud.
It’s essentially a numbers game.
Yanik finds that 2 out of every 10 products/markets he tests are a BIG success, 2 out of ten are total BOMBS, and the other 6 bring in a little bit of money.
So you want to go through the numbers and test AS FAST as possible so you can find those 2 winner.
How does that apply to affiliate marketing?
You want to test different affiliate offers as fast as you can to find the winners.
Here’s how you do that :
- Launch multiple (5-10) affiliate offers at once using just direct linking. If any of your campaigns get Slapped, move it over to Yahoo and test it there.
- Based on the search volume and conversion rate you get for each offer, you’ll know if it’s a winner or not.
- Also, test search AND content.
The more I do affiliate marketing the more I realized that picking the right niche (and offer to go with it) is EVERYTHING.
TIP #3 HOW MANY GREAT IDEAS HAVE YOU LOST?
Let me rephrase that : If you had remembered and implemented every great idea you had about your business, how much more money would you have made?
Let’s face it, we frequently have great idea : in the middle of the night, when you’re driving in the car, when you’re in the shower, etc.
So what happens? It slips from your mind, right? You completely forget about it. I’ve had it happen to me countless times.
Here’s a great solution to catching all those ideas that pop in your brain and then disappear:
Get a small digital Voice Recorder and carry it with you everywhere. If you get an idea then just pull out your voice recorder and start recording.
Joe Polish claims this ONE idea generated him $10 million last year!
I got my voice recorder right in front of me right now.
That’s all for now.
I’ll share more insights in the future, too much good information to cover in one post.eben pagan joe polish market research productivity tips time management underground seminar yanik silver